News and Announcements
As always we hope everyone is safe and healthy during this time.
We have been working very closely with the Parks Department in regards to the potential of Summer Softball and unfortunately at this time the fields will not be open for summer softball. So there will be no official summer softball program.
There could be the possibility though that we get some level of approval to at least do some scrimmages in the up and coming months. As soon as we get the approval we will be reaching out and putting together some teams. So stay tuned. In the meantime if you have any questions please let us know.
Irving and the CGSL Board
We miss seeing all the girls and families at the fields. We hope everyone is safe and healthy during this time.
Some GREAT NEWS! We are currently trying to play Summer softball in the Middle Essex league. This is a travel team that plays at least 2 games a week for 7 weeks. Usually 1 home 1 away. It will begin On July 6th as long as we have proceeded to Level 3, on the states Covid 19 plan.
We also are waiting to hear from the city about opening our fields as well.
We know a lot of people will have questions so please read the attach link https://www.mass.gov/doc/outdoor-recreation-task-force-presentation-5-18-20/download, and know that our girls safety is our #1 priority.
CGSL is also currently re-writing our code of conduct and by laws to reflect guidelines on the Covid-19 disease.
Please respond by June 1st if you are interested in playing. email@example.com
Once we have clearance we will also hold practice TBD. 18u,14u,12u. So again please let us know if you would be potentially interested in playing this summer.
Today would have been opening day but due to the current environment we will not be able to see all the kid’s excitement as they take to the field for opening day. Like all of you, all of us on the board look forward to this day every year.
The city has cancelled all field permits through the end of May, so there will be no Spring softball this year. The CGSL board is at work reviewing options on how to get some softball in this year. Whether it be summer ball or potentially Fall ball, we will hopefully be on the field this year. So, stay tuned for more details. We are also in the process of working to get the spring registration fee’s refunded.
In the meantime, I am hoping that you and your families are all safe and healthy and stay that way throughout this crisis.
As you can imagine the city has been closely monitoring the covid19 virus very closely and as of today they have pulled all permits from now until the end of April, you see the the full notice by clicking the link below.
Although this is sad news, the safety of our softball family is critical to us. So between now and the end of April we will not be hosting any softball practices or games.
The board will be meeting within the next few days to discuss how this up and coming season will be structure and as soon as that is finalized we will let you know.
In the meantime please let us know if there is anything that we can do for you and please keep your families safe.